Your skin is vulnerable to drying out in the winter. The cold, dry air outside makes water evaporate from your skin more quickly. So here are 6 tips to keep your skin healthier this winter.
- Beware of long hot baths — It might seem cozy, but soaking in hot water strips your skin of healthy oils.
- Scrub gently — Light exfoliation helps shed dead skin cells, so the ones underneath can get as much love as possible.
- Don't rub, pat — Blotting your body dry with a towel keeps a thin layer of water on your skin.
- Moisturize!!! — Quench thirsty skin with a moisturizer at least twice a day. The most effective time of day to slather up is within minutes of bathing. Lotion traps some of the leftover water and helps it absorb into your skin.
- Hydrate — Forgetting to drink enough water is easier in the cold weather, but it's crucial to hydrate your skin from the inside.
- Don't forget your lips — This may sound strange, but brush dead skin off your lips with a toothbrush and stock up on lip balm to ward off chapping.
We also recommend getting a hydrating facial during the cold winter months. It exfoliates, and rejuvenates your skin. The key ingredient is hyaluronic acid which plumps and replenishes your skin making it feel softer, smoother and glowingly hydrated.